Since 2007, a TOP SELLER! And on nearly every wedding registry!
Men love them because they lap-sit. Caterer's love-hate them because they hold so much food. Perfect for a Mexican food buffet.
Handcrafted from one solid piece of acacia hardwood. Each plate has its own unique look with a naturally colored wood grain. Each piece is like its own work of sculptured art!
Acaciaware™ is Food-Safe
Completely food-safe for both hot and cold appetizers or entrees. A food-safe finish makes our acacia wooden bowls more durable and long-lasting than bamboo bowls, or other glued and pieced-together woodenware that can fall apart with use or run through the dishwasher by accident.
Acaciaware™ is Easy Care!
Simply wash the item with warm soapy water and air dry. If your acacia wood salad bowl, appetizer serving tray ever appears dry, treat it with mineral oil and the grain will be restored to its original beautiful condition.
Acaciaware™ and Sustainability
Acaciaware™ is responsibly forested with care. 'Responsibly forested' means that our wood is harvested in an environmentally friendly and sustainable manner.
- Harvesting rates and clearing sizes that do not exceed a forest's natural capacity to regenerate.
- Maintaining natural forest conditions needed for wildlife and healthy ecosystems to function.
- Protecting and maintaining rare, threatened and endangered species and forest types.
- Not clearing forests or replacing them with barren tree plantations.
- Minimizing or eliminating chemical use.
- Protecting streams and rivers from soil erosion that degrades water quality and fish habitats.
- Helping workers, communities and indigenous people benefit from the forestry operations and protecting their rights and interests.
As part of our dedication to social responsibility, Pacific Merchants Trading has committed to planting trees in pursuit of sustainable development, conservation and the protection of our environment. Our goal is to make a positive impact on future generations and encourage others to follow our lead.
Acacia wood is resistant to decay because the tree deposits in the heartwood have many waste substances that are preservatives, which render the wood unpalatable to insects. This makes the wood dense and thus resistant to penetration by water and other agents of decay.
We minimize our carbon footprint by using clean recycled packing material.
Dimensions: 12" x12" x 1